The SixBillionTheory is a comprehensive collection of thoughts and ideals of one individual. What is the SixBillionTheory? The real question is...Will you care?

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Eighteen

Wasting the best days of my life,
I can't hide from tomorrow,
I can only hold onto this day.
But these moments are fleeting
and so quicklly dissolve into memory.

Bittersweet memories are all I have
to look forward to now.
Soon, the laughter induced tears
will have long dried off a wrinkled cheek,
evaporating the only joy my heart has known.

Replaced by materialistic ambitions,
to give life meaning.
A shallow, empty existence.
An unhappy inhabitant
in this capitalistic catastrophe.

I chose the path less traveled
and it made no difference.
It led me to the depths of solitude,
where I die twice as fast
as those who accept simplicity.

12/13/03
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?