The SixBillionTheory is a comprehensive collection of thoughts and ideals of one individual. What is the SixBillionTheory? The real question is...Will you care?

Saturday, November 22, 2003

Untitled

IF I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain

_Emily Dickinson_

Just found this poem and it reminded me of 5th grade when i first read it. Mrs. Trigg had a poetry circle and this was the first poem i shared. Hah, everyone was sharing Dr. Seuss and stuff and here i am reading Emily Dickinson. I think 5th grade was my start with poetry. I should thank Mrs. Trigg. But anyways when i first read the poem i instantly understood it. And to this day it has had a big influence on my views.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?