The SixBillionTheory is a comprehensive collection of thoughts and ideals of one individual. What is the SixBillionTheory? The real question is...Will you care?

Sunday, November 02, 2003

The Day I didn't have tissues.

If you know me, you know that i usually keep a pack of tissues in my pocket at all times. It's something I've done since 3rd grade. I've always had a tissue for anyone who has to blow their nose or when i have to blow my nose or more importantly for when people were crying. Whenever, i see someone crying I'd freely offer some tissues, which were usually accepted thankfully. It is a simple way to provide some comfort, so i do it whenever possible. Today i had none on me and today, ironically enough, was the first time I've cried in, well at least months but probably years.
My parents dont get along anymore. They haven't for the past 4 or so years. In fact, its probably been longer. However, it was 4 years ago that i first found out. The worst thing that came of it was the fact that i knew that the only reason my dad and mom were still living together was because of me. And its really true, my father has told me so a couple times, including today. So, they are miserable because of me. They've told me not to think that way. But I can't help it. Its true. What also sucks is the fact that my brother is away at college and so theres only me at home to deal with it.
The worst thing of all is hearing that your mom is experiencing suicidal thoughts. She actually said, im tired of living. I mean the woman whos always kept you safe and tended to your wounds all of a sudden drops this bombshell. As i listened at how lonely and sad she was i couldn't help but break down and cry myself. Seeing one of your parents cry is one of the most heart wrenching experiences that you'll ever have. The people who stopped you from crying can't control their own tears. And i had the ugly face on. It was unrestricted and it came out. It all started at breakfast. My mom started complaining as usual because she had been holding it in all week and it was the only time we were all together. And my dad started to get frustrated and finally he said those words,words that send a chilld down your spine and make you hold your breath. " Your old enough to hear this now." As soon as he said, all i could think in my mind was

" Am i strong enough to handle this"

Throughout my life i have always helped people out, fairly successfully. But this problem, between people who have been together for 24 years and have 2 sons, i had no solution to. All i could do, was drop my usual idealistic shitload and hope that they would try. Even now all i can think is if they do separate, Am i strong enough to handle this?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?