The SixBillionTheory is a comprehensive collection of thoughts and ideals of one individual. What is the SixBillionTheory? The real question is...Will you care?

Thursday, October 30, 2003

So, does true love exist? One of the oldest questions I've ever asked. I still have no answer. If you asked me two years ago I would've said yes in a heartbeat, no hesitation. But as I've grown older I'm questioning it more and more. I wonder what has changed me so much over the years. I think the words to describe how i feel is despondent, dejected, and demoralized. The wind is gone from my sails and im lost drifting around in an endless sea. I truly feel more lost now than ever before. It's true what they say about teenagers thinking they know everything. I thought i had it all figured out. But lately I realize I dont. Is that a sign of maturity. Perhaps a significant phase in my development? I hope so. That would be just about the only good thing coming out of this state im in.
I guess i really don't believe in true love. I don't think that one day I'm going to walk by her and just know. It doesn't happen anymore. How many people do you know say they have found true love? I dont think i know anyone. I hardly hear about it from anyone anymore. But see the thing is...to me, believing in true love is like believing in God. and in some ways I dont think i could believe in one without the other. Well at least i use to think that way. But if there isn't true love, what is there? Cuz if you can love anybody. That just seems to be a lot of bullshit. I mean loving anyone. Isn't that just a crock of shit. You could wake up one day and not love the person sleeping next to you. Why does love go away? If it can, so easily, so whimsically then i think its meaningless. Maybe its wrong to take temporary love so lightly. If its all we get then i guess i should just jump on the bandwagon right. Like I've said before. True love is hard to find, so some people just fake it. Perhaps i just need to redefine what true love is. Maybe it isn't about destiny, maybe there isn't only one person for you. Maybe we just need to find somebody that we never stop loving and thats true love. Maybe its all bullshit. Maybe there is no God. There is no love. Maybe there is absolutely nothing. And all along human beings have just been making shit up to make life worth sticking around for.
Human beings are unique creatures in that we have the ability to think abstractly. It's the most significant evolutionary trait(among opposable thumbs and the ever popular orgasm) that has placed us at the top of the food chain. So could a side affect of this trait be our inclination to love, to have religion, to find meaning, even in things where there is none. By making stuff up to live for, we in essence have a evolutionary trait, in which those who made shit up lived longer therefore spreading their genes. Evolution=BS, because if we are ONLY products of evolution then life is meaningless and therefore BULLSHIT.
But i guess, even if there was no God or love. Life is still what you make it to be. We make things meaningful and i guess thats the path I'm headed. If there is no love fine. I'll pretend and lie to myself to be happy. We all do it. I guess its all kinda like magic. We all know its not real, but it still amazes us.

What i want to do is put the magic back into everyday life. I want everyone to believe in magic again. If i can't believe in it, too bad for me. I want people to find exciting things and to be surprised every once in a while. To find roses on their doorstep. To find a necklace in their purse. To wonder, to be excited, to as Kristina said have fireworks in their life.

I am admittedly...

...a believer of things not worth believing in.
...a bitter idealist.
...subject to commit RAR, Random Acts of Randomness
...subject to commit RAK, Random Acts of Kindness.
...a lover of women.
...a lover of blankets.( especially ones fresh out of the dryer)
...a lover of " if " questions.
...a lover of good conversation.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?